1. Open to any team composed of 3 to 12 members.
2. The team has to prepare all necessary equipment for shooting and editing films.
B. All submissions must include the following
1. Application Form (Appendix 1 & 2)
2. Project Description (Appendix 3)
C. Submission Process
1. Submission deadline: November, 8, 2010 to November 19, 2010 23:59PM (The deadline is subject to the organizer’s time region. Late application
will not be accepted.)
2. In order to arrange insurance and room and board, please supply the basic information for all participants.
3. Project Description is the basis for the evaluation of candidacy. Please supply details of the shooting and post-production process. If there are
complete synopsis, script and storyboard, please attached along with the Application Form.
4. All applications are by e-mail only. Please e-mail the Application Form and Project Description to email@example.com.
5. The list of candidates will be posted on the Golden Sugarcane Film Festival official website http://goldensugarcane.pixnet.net/blog on December 20,
D. Requirements for Candidates
1 A signed original Authorization Form (Appendix 4)
2. A certificate indicating you have sent a refundable guarantee fee of NT. 5000. Teams that fail to do so before December, 20, 2010, will be
disqualified. Their spots will be filled by alternate candidates who should complete the proper procedure within 10 days. can the guarantee fee will
be confiscated. Those who have finished the work in time will have the fee back when they hand in the ten-minute film.
3. Please wire the money to the post office account: 42260646, and the title is ” 社團法人台灣台灣金甘蔗影展協進會”. Please indicate “Golden Sugarcane
Film Festival” on the wire transfer form.
4. Please use registered mail to send the original authorization form and certificate for wiring the guarantee fee to the following address: No.15,
Xingtang Rd., Qiaotou Township, Kaohsiung County 825, Taiwan (R.O.C.), to Kio-A-Thau Culture Society. After the mail has been sent, please phone
us to confirm. The process will be complete after the confirmation.
5. Candidates have to report to Golden Sugarcane Film Festival Society during 9:00AM to 10:30PM on January, 23, 2011.
6. Participating teams is required to attend the principal shooting ceremony from 11:00AM to 12:00PM on January,23, 2011. The film must be shot and
finished on site at Kaohsiung County from January 23 to January 29, 2011, after which the participating teams will attend the premiere and award
ceremony from 6:00PM to 10:30PM on January 30, 2011.
7. Participating teams should submit their finished film from 2:00PM to 4:00PM on January 29, 2011. Failure to do so will be disqualified.
8. Guarantee fee will not be returned if participating teams cannot finish the film or withdraw from the competition. Should any team member violates
the organizer’s rules or disrupts other participating teams’ activities, part or all of the guarantee fee will be seized according to the severity of the
violation. Teams that complete their works, submit the ‘10 minute film’ on January 29, 2011 and move out of the dormitory will have their guarantee
fees returned to them.
E. Evaluation Process
1. There will be 20 teams selected. The Golden Sugarcane Film Festival executive committee will form a panel to review Project Descriptions and make
2. The “Golden Sugarcane Award” and individual awards will be decided by the Arbitration Board of the Golden Sugarcane Award, comprised of active
movie directors and cultural workers. The result will be announced on January 30, 2011 during the premier ceremony at which time all the awards
will be presented.
3. “Audiences’ Favorite Film” will be selected during the Opening and awards ceremony by the audience’s votes.
1. The First Prize: “Golden Sugarcane Award”: wins NT.100, 000 and an award.
2. “Audiences’ Favorite Film”: wins unknown prize, the amount will be decided by the fund being raised during the festival.
G. Duties and Rights
1. Participating teams must hand in the “Ten- minute film”, in a file in AVI (NTSC, 720x480 format) before 4:00PM on January 29, 2011. Those who fail
to do so will be disqualified, and the guarantee fee will be confiscated.
2. Copyright of the film is shared by both the filmmaker and the organizer, while the personal copyright is owned by the filmmaker. The
organizer preserves the right to nonprofit broadcast (such as putting on the internet, making DVD, and audio publication, etc.) as well as
to preserve and quote, without having to pay extra fees or royalties.
3. Films involved in copyright legal issues and legally convicted guilty will be disqualified. Any violation of a third-person’s right should be held
responsible by the author.
4. Plagiarism or false submission will result in disqualification, and the copyright violation involved will also be held responsible by the participating
5. Information filled in the application form should be true. If not, the organizer has the right to disqualify the candidate.
6. Please photocopy the application data if necessary. The organizer will not return the application form.
7. All participants will respect these regulations. All the decisions are final without further argument.
8. Please cherish the environment. Do not destroy historical sites or relics. Do not use historical sites or relics if they cannot be restored.
9. The organizer has the right to amend these guidelines.
10. Please visit our official website or read our bulletin to learn about more related matters.